Tuesday, March 13, 2012

STEPHEN LEE RELISHING IRISH TRIP

In-form Stephen Lee has described Irish snooker fans as "second to none" as he looked forward to the Players Tour Championship Grand Finals in Galway next week.


article-1250340-02BE1A04000004B0-636_468x286.jpg (468×286)


The last three ranking events have seen Lee playing his best snooker in recent years, having reached the semi-finals of the German Masters, quarter-finals of the Welsh Open and final of last week's Haikou World Open.
And now he hopes to continue his form at the PTC Grand Finals at the Bailey Allen Hall in Galway, where he meets Martin Gould on Wednesday in his opening match.

"I'm really looking forward to it because the fans in Ireland are second to none and they know what the game is all about," said the World No 11 from Trowbridge. "I remember playing in the old Irish Masters which was like nothing else.
"It's a great line-up of players in Galway next week and the best-of-four frame format gives really fast flowing action.
"I'm playing with a lot of confidence at the moment and I've taken pressure off myself by making sure of my top 16 place. I was disappointed to lose 10-1 in the final to Mark Allen in China, I didn't sleep well before the match and I just couldn't get to grips with him.



"But when I look back to a couple of years ago when I was falling down the rankings, struggling with my game and felt like I had the world on my shoulders, I feel so much better now and I'm really enjoying the game."
World Champion John Higgins, crowd favourites Ronnie O'Sullivan and Judd Trump, World No 1 Mark Selby and Irishman Fergal O'Brien are among the 24 players chasing the £70,000 first prize in Galway. - http://www.sportinglife.com/

3adc412d55.jpg (615×235)

0 comments:

Post a Comment