Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Davis follows Dad Steve

Davis junior gets snooker career under way


Steve Davis' son Greg is hoping to follow in his father's footsteps.

The 20-year-old is to compete in Q School in Sheffield, just a few miles from the Crucible, where Steve won the World Championship trophy six times during the 1980s.

Greg has inherited the snooker gift - his top break in a match is 114 - and now hopes to put that to good use.
"I recently left university and I was speaking to my dad about my future, and we agreed I should give snooker a real go," said Greg. "I've treated it like a hobby in the past but now I will take it more seriously."
Q School is an opportunity to qualify for the professional circuit, with the 12 players who come through to be given a two-year tour card.

0 comments:

Post a Comment