Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Pressure now off in-form Lee

World Open finalist Stephen Lee has said he is enjoying his snooker now the pressure is off as he prepares for the Players Tour Championship Grand Finals in Galway.


stephen_lee_1576964c.jpg (460×288) 

Lee, who has not won a tournament since the Welsh Open in 2006, has made sure of his top-16 place on the tour by reaching the semi-finals of the German Masters, Welsh Open quarter-finals and final on Hainan Island in China.
"I'm playing with a lot of confidence at the moment and I've taken pressure off myself by making sure of my top-16 place [although] I was disappointed to lose 10-1 in the final to Mark Allen in China," he said.
"I didn't sleep well before the match and I just couldn't get to grips with him.
"But when I look back to a couple of years ago when I was falling down the rankings, struggling with my game and felt like I had the world on my shoulders, I feel so much better now and I'm really enjoying the game."
Lee, 37, praised the Irish snooker fans ahead of the PTC Finals from March 14-18 at Bailey Allen Hall.
"I'm really looking forward to it because the fans in Ireland are second to none and they know what the game is all about," said the world No.11. "I remember playing in the old Irish Masters which was like nothing else.
"It's a great line-up of players in Galway next week and the best-of-four-frame format gives really fast flowing action."
World champion John Higgins, crowd favourites Ronnie O'Sullivan and Judd Trump, world No.1 Mark Selby and Irishman Fergal O'Brien are among the 24 players chasing the £70,000 first prize in Galway.
Lee faces Martin Gould in his opening match on Wednesday. - http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com

a25af2dfc0.jpg (517×241) 

0 comments:

Post a Comment