Thursday, March 15, 2012

Davis Cruises Past Ford

Mark Davis insisted that his failure to break into snooker's top 16 has not played on his mind after beating Tom Ford 4-1 at the Betfair Players Tour Championship Grand Finals in Galway. 



The Sussex pro set up a last 16 match with Stephen Maguire by firing in breaks of 64, 84, 51 and 72 in a fine performance against Ford.  Davis has been on the fringes of the top 16 all season but has just missed out on a place among the elite for the first time in his career.


"It hasn't bothered me as much as people would think," said the 39-year-old. "Don't get me wrong, I would love to be in the top 16, but it's not as big as it used to be because of the way the rankings work now.  "I was one frame away from making it at one of the PTC events but lost 4-3 to Anthony Hamilton. I felt a bit more pressure in the last frame, but not bundles. I would have knocked Ronnie O'Sullivan out but I certainly wouldn't have been chirping about that because when you compare our careers, he should be the one in the top 16!



"It has been frustrating because it is a big milestone and once you get in the top 16, who knows what can happen. I'm further away from it now but it's not playing on my mind and I'm just trying to win matches. "I was really pleased by the way I played today, I scored well and didn't miss much. I've been working with Terry Griffiths and he has got me looking at things differently. If you are potting balls, it doesn't matter who is sitting in the other chair. "I like this venue and it's a knowledgeable crowd. I always enjoy playing in Ireland because the players are so friendly." - http://www.worldsnooker.com


0 comments:

Post a Comment