Tuesday, December 20, 2011

SNOOKER news 12BET update 12/20

FORD READY TO TAKE ON THE BEST

Tom Ford believes he has the confidence to beat snooker's top players after edging out Martin Gould 4-3 in the final of PTC11 in Sheffield.


Leicester's 28-year-old Ford won PTC3 last year and captured the second professional title of his career on Monday with victory in this season's penultimate short PTC event.

Gould won the first frame on the black before world No 31 Ford took the next two with breaks of 66 and 60. Back came Gould to 2-2 then he knocked in a 127 to take the lead.

But Ford dominated the sixth frame for 3-3, then came from 41-8 down to win the decider with a calm 66 clearance.

"We were both shaky at first, but when we settled down we were winning frames in one visit," said Ford after picking up the 10,000 Euro top prize.

"I made a good break in the last frame, particularly the last red along the top cushion because I knew if I missed it I'd lose. I came here expecting nothing, but after winning my first match I got stronger."

Ford stunned snooker's man of the moment, Judd Trump, 4-1 in the quarter-finals, and also beat former world champion Graeme Dott 4-0 in the semis. - http://www.sportinglife.com




0 comments:

Post a Comment