Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Tabb to referee World final

Scot to take charge of biggest match for second time


0,,13165~9367679,00.jpg (640×421)


Michaela Tabb will take charge of the Betfred.com World Championship final for the second time next month.
The 44-year-old, snooker's top female official, will referee the final at the Crucible Theatre in Sheffield on May 6 and 7.
Tabb has refereed professional snooker since 2001, and officiated the world final for the first time in 2009 when John Higgins beat Shaun Murphy 18-9.
"I was absolutely elated when I found out I was doing it again this year," she said. "I loved it when I did the final in 2009. It went really well for me without any mistakes so I just hope it will be the same this time.
"It's such a huge tournament with a lot of history and potentially hundreds of millions of people watching on television. And there's no venue like the Crucible in terms of the atmosphere. When it falls silent it is so intense.
a79dff50f1.jpg (545×195)

0 comments:

Post a Comment