Monday, December 12, 2011

Snooker Championship news 12BET update 12/12

UK Snooker Championship: Judd Trump beats Mark Allen to win title


Rising star Judd Trump beat Northern Ireland's Mark Allen 10-8 to clinch his first UK Championship title in York.


The Englishman won the opening frame but Allen rattled off three in a row including a stunning break of 141.

Trump, 22, responded with runs of 52, 62, 75 and 61 to move 5-3 up and breaks of 109, 78 and 74 on the resumption made it seven consecutive frames.

From 8-3 down Allen won five of the next six, including three more tons, but Trump sealed it with a break of 91.

"It's a brilliant feeling and it's been a brilliant week," Trump, who rises two places to number five in the world rankings, told BBC Sport.

"After I lost in the World Championship [final] I was just happy to come to another big event and play well. But to win it in the way I did is a brilliant achievement. Mark pushed me all the way and it was a good job I had a big lead in the end.

"It's probably the best anyone has ever played against me. I was just sat there hoping he would miss but he didn't. I just had to force a mistake and luckily I took my chance. Hopefully there is more to come."

Trump, who won his first ranking title at the China Open earlier this year, confirmed his status as the spearhead of the younger generation by claiming the sport's second biggest title, six months after running John 
Higgins close in the Crucible final.- http://news.bbc.co.uk



0 comments:

Post a Comment