Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Welsh Open (Best of 7 Frames) 2/14 9PM GMT+8


STEVE DAVIS DOES THE BUSINESS

605088_33_preview.jpg (347×195)

Steve Davis rolled back the years at the 888 Welsh Open as he made two superb centuries to edge out Ali Carter 4-3.
Carter led three times in the all-Essex clash, but Davis' tactical mind remains sharp and he managed to ally it with a wonderful display of break-building.
Carter led 1-0 after a 68 and, after Davis responded with 61 to level the match, the world number 11 moved ahead once more.
Davis produced a vintage 121 clearance, though, to leave the players level at 2-2.
He had to come from behind again after Carter took frame five with an 83, but he levelled with 63 and then produced his second century clearance, 117, to take the match.
"I played with a certain amount of freedom and took my chances," Davis told worldsnooker.com.
"My dad, who is still my coach, said that I'm playing well enough in practice for it all to come together in a match, and that happened today.
"I don't like it when I lose, but when it goes right it's lovely and I have to enjoy the moment. My aim now is to keep my ranking lower than my age (he's currently No 43) and to see how long I can keep that going.
"You have to look at every match as, at best, the toss of a coin. I could keep winning or I could go out in the next round." - http://www.sportinglife.com/


0 comments:

Post a Comment